Vezina Consulting is a Louisiana Pathways approved Level III Trainer. All of our current courses will qualify/count towards your annual clock hours requirements. Please let the instructor know if you participate in LA pathways and require a certificate (which will be mailed to you within 7 days after course completion).
- This event has passed.
Be Small Fight Big: Hiring Great Talent Methodology for Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners – Virtual Workshop
September 26 @ 8:30 AM - 12:30 PMFree
Are you a small business owner that is struggling to find great talent?
Your small business is unique and different. So then, why are you using the same inconsistent and worn-out techniques as everyone else for finding great talent? If you want to find great talent then you should be using approaches that are just as unique as your business.
Small business owners want to outperform their competitors and grow their businesses, but to do that they must first win the war on talent. Unfortunately, larger organizations have resources, tools, and of course an entire HR team at their disposal that you do not. How do you find great talent and compete against larger organizations when you are not an expert at candidate selection? Simple—you use the Be Small, Fight Big method.
Each attendee will receive a confirmation email after ticket(s) have been purchased.
Each ticket includes access for one individual to attend the virtual workshop.
The day before the workshop you will receive your login/invite for the workshop.
Be small, fight big takes the tactics and strategies of larger organizations and modifies them to the particular needs of small business owners. In this workshop you will learn:
- Where to dig. A systematic process to discover what employee behaviors are truly driving your businesses performance. So you can make better hiring decisions and grow your business.
- How to dig. How to create powerful interview questions that are unique to the needs of your business so that you can lower turnover and improve performance.
- How to dig deep. A proven and tested method on how to conduct a structured interview to ensure that you aren’t hiring the best liar, again.
- A simple, but effective process for comparing one potential candidate to another. Thusly, speeding up the selection process so the best talent doesn’t get hired by your competition.
This course is intended for entrepreneurs and small business owners, but the methods can be used by anyone who wants to make better hiring decisions and build better teams.
To ensure your success, we recommend you have some level of work experience in any of a variety of organizational settings. You should also have general end-user computer and Internet skills.
This is a virtual learning workshop and most computers with the ability to attend webinars and view pdf documents should suffice. However, the following system requirements are recommended.
For this course, you will need one computer. Each computer will need the following minimum hardware configurations:
- 1 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Keyboard and mouse (or other pointing device)
- 1,024 x 768 resolution monitor recommended
- Network cards and cabling for local network access
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator)
Software: You will need to download Zoom on your device and sign up for a free member account to attend the training. You can do so here ZOOM
- Microsoft® Windows® 10
- Microsoft® Office 16
- Any PDF reader
We have a variety of workshops on personal development, leadership development, improving small business performance, interviewing techniques, coaching, Microsoft office, Microsoft outlook, and other impactful subjects. If you would like to have us bring a workshop to your organization or custom design a training program for you, please reach out to us on our “contact us” page above.