Vezina Consulting is a Louisiana Pathways approved Level III Trainer. All of our current courses will qualify/count towards your annual clock hours requirements. Please let the instructor know if you participate in LA pathways and require a certificate (which will be mailed to you within 7 days after course completion).
- This event has passed.
Managing Conflict – Virtual Workshop
December 15, 2018 @ 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM$240
An organization improves its likelihood of success by effectively managing conflict. As a leader within your organization, you share in that responsibility. This course will help you cultivate the skills necessary to help manage conflict and ultimately to decrease the presence of conflict in the workplace.
Each attendee will receive a confirmation email after ticket(s) have been purchased.
Each ticket includes access for one individual to attend the virtual workshop as well as a digital copy of the event workbook.
The day before the workshop you will receive your login for the workshop and the access key to download the workbook. We recommend downloading the workbook before the event, but do not dive into it. (most workbooks are 60-100 pages depending on the event subject, and a great deal of the value comes from uncovering the information in the classroom setting).
In this course, you will identify the sources of conflict and how to manage conflict effectively.
- Recognize the impact of conflict in the workplace by identifying your personal reaction and developing a healthy attitude toward conflict.
- Analyze conflict by assessing the situation and identifying the source of the conflict.
- Utilize effective communication techniques to manage conflict in a proactive manner.
- Resolve conflict by evaluating approaches, and determining and implementing an action plan with the best solution.
This course is intended for any business professional who encounters conflict in the workplace.
To ensure your success, we recommend you have some level of work experience in any of a variety of organizational settings.
Lesson 1: Recognizing the Impact of Conflict
Topic A: Identify Your Personal Reaction to Conflict
Topic B: Develop a Healthy Attitude Toward Conflict
Lesson 2: Analyzing Conflict
Topic A: Assess the Situation
Topic B: Identify the Source of the Conflict
Lesson 3: Dealing with Conflict
Topic A: Listen Actively
Topic B: Communicate Effectively
Topic C: Respond to Negative Tactics
Topic D: Avoid Conflict Escalation
Lesson 4: Resolving Conflict
Topic A: Evaluate Approaches to Conflict Resolution
Topic B: Determine the Best Solution
Topic C: Implement an Action Plan
This is a virtual learning workshop and most computers with the ability to attend webinars and view pdf documents should suffice. However, the following system requirements are recommended.
For this course, you will need one computer. Each computer will need the following minimum hardware configurations:
- 1 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Keyboard and mouse (or other pointing device)
- 1,024 x 768 resolution monitor recommended
- Network cards and cabling for local network access
- Internet access (contact your local network administrator)
- Microsoft® Windows® 10
- Microsoft® Office 16
- Any PDF reader
We have a variety of workshops on personal development, leadership development, improving small business performance, interviewing techniques, coaching, Microsoft office, Microsoft outlook, and other impactful subjects. If you would like to have us bring a workshop to your organization or custom design a training program for you, please reach out to us on our “contact us” page above.